Listen to our editor on the Creativity Cultivator Podcast
A few weeks ago our editor, Dave Birss, was interviewed for the brilliant Creativity Cultivator Podcast. And yesterday, it went live so you can fill your ears with his monotonous Scottish mumblings.
The podcast is hosted by writer and creative consultant, Justin Brady. And over the course of half an hour, they covered a lot of ground. They talked about:
- Dave’s experience as a radio broadcaster, writing poems live on air with kids
- The problem with the word ‘creativity’.
- Why organisations are designed to kill fresh ideas
- The scariness of offices
- The Western myth of the sole creative genius
- Why brainstorms get it so wrong
- How to interpret fear rather than simply run from it
- The time Dave suffered the worst stage-fright of his life
You’ll hear some themes that have been talked about here on Open for Ideas. Plus some of the other thoughts that have been rattling around Dave’s head recently.
We recommend you go and subscribe to the podcast to hear more insights from brilliant people. And make sure you also have a listen to an interview with Soon Yu, Dave’s writing partner on an upcoming book called Iconic Advantage.Thoughts that have been rattling around Dave’s head recentlyClick To Tweet http://openforideas.org/blog/2017/02/09/listen-to-our-editor-on-the-creativity-cultivator-podcast/https://i0.wp.com/openforideas.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/creativitycultivator.jpg?fit=1024%2C576https://i0.wp.com/openforideas.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/creativitycultivator.jpg?resize=150%2C150Personal Creativitybrainstorms,creativity,creativity cultivator,dave birss,editor,fear,genius,ideas,offices,organisations,podcast,radio,stage-fright